Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Petruchio's Revelation, A Time Travel Event for Feminism

In this second action project in our Drama class, we read the play, A Doll's House. This play brought up some interesting themes of power, sexism, and the truth in between. We wanted to portray those themes as best we could, so I and my two partners wrote a script that could bring together characters from A Doll's House and The Taming of the Shrew into our time period to solve the sexism issue. If you would like to see what my Partner's take on this play is please take a look here. ZG CM  I thought this unit was very interesting, both plays had something very important to say but this one told a much more personal story and I love to know about characters. This play was important for feminism in Norway when it was first written. We wanted to recreate the importance of the first stages of  A Doll's House, so we recorded a video that goes along with our script. I hope you enjoy the time-traveling event for feminism.


No comments:

Post a Comment